Cong minister demands CBI probe into attack on Joshi`s house
Lucknow: A union minister belonging to Congress on Saturday demanded a CBI probe into the attack and arson at UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s residence allegedly by BSP workers and termed the incident as a "pre-planned conspiracy."
"The manner in which this dastardly act was executed, one thing is clear that it was part of a pre-planned conspiracy and only a CBI probe can expose those who vandalised Joshi`s house and on whose direction it was done," Union Minister of State Sriprakash Jaiswal told reporters here.
He said the party`s agitation should continue till the time a CBI probe is recommended by the state government.
"If there is little morality left in the Uttar Pradesh government and if it is rational, then it should order a CBI probe," he said.
Jaiswal also questioned the role of the state police in the incident.
Joshi has been booked under various sections of IPC and provisions of SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act for allegedly making derogatory remarks against Chief Minister Mayawati.
A portion of Joshi`s house here was set on fire allegedly by ruling BSP activists on July 15.
"There is no law and order in the state. Everything is on
the whims and fancies of the state government and it can do
whatever it wants. The government got this act (attack on
Joshi`s home) executed by misusing police and state
machinery," Jaiswal alleged.
"If this can happen to the president of a national party,
what is happening with the people in this regime can be a
common guess," he added.
On Joshi`s alleged remarks against Mayawati, Jaiswal said
that she was addressing a women`s meet and raised the issue of
compensation being offered to Dalit women who had been raped.
"The manner in which doles are being offered, Joshi`s
anger was natural," he said.
Jaiswal said the matter should have been put to an end,
after Joshi`s apology.
On BSP`s support to the Centre, he said, "We never
requested any party for support. Their support to Congress is
Meanwhile in Etah, Congress leader Salman Khursheed said
the attack on Joshi`s house was unjustified.
As many as 322 party workers, protesting against the
arson at UPCC chief`s house, courted arrest in Kasganj town in
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!