`Cong more dangerous than Pak-sponsored terror`
Lucknow: Bharitya Janata Party youth wing on Tuesday termed Congress "more dangerous" than Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, alleging that some of its prominent leaders are "facilitating" traitors by insulting martyrs and dividing the nation on lines of religion.
"Congress is more dangerous for the unity of the country than Pakistan-sponsored terrorism," BJYM national president Anurag Thakur told reporters here.
"Congress leaders insult the martyrdom of patriots like Hemant Karkare, felicitating traitors," he said, slamming Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh for his statement that the slain Mumbai ATS was receiving threats to his life from `Hindu terror groups`.
Bharitya Janta Yuva Morcha chief also flayed the Congress leader for visiting visit Azamgarh to meet kin of a suspected terrorist killed in Batla House encounter.
Thakur, who was here to review preparations for the proposed Rashtriya Ekta Yatra starting from Kolkata from January 12, also attacked Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi for remarks on `Hindu terror` a US diplomatic cable, leaked by WikiLeaks.
"There is a youth who wants to divide the country on the lines of religion," he alleged, while referring to Gandhi`s remarks in front of the US Ambassador, saying radical Hindu groups could pose a "bigger threat" to India than terror outfit LeT.
Holding Congress policies responsible for Kashmir problem, Thakur said "(Omar) Abdullah raises question over merger of J&K in India and leaders like Gilani issue statement in support of separatism... but the Centre has not mustered courage to act against them".
On BJYM`s proposed yatra, Thakur said BJP president Nitin Gadkari will flag it off from Kolkata on January 12 on the occasion of Swami Vivkeanand`s birth anniversary.
"The yatra will cover a distance of 3,060 km covering 12 states and will reach Jammu on January 25, where a youth rally will be organised. On January 26 we will hoist national flag at Lal Chowk," he said, adding the yatra will mobilise against UPA`s directionless and weak policies on Kashmir and terror issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...