`Cong more dangerous than Pak-sponsored terror`
Lucknow: Bharitya Janata Party youth wing on Tuesday termed Congress "more dangerous" than Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, alleging that some of its prominent leaders are "facilitating" traitors by insulting martyrs and dividing the nation on lines of religion.
"Congress is more dangerous for the unity of the country than Pakistan-sponsored terrorism," BJYM national president Anurag Thakur told reporters here.
"Congress leaders insult the martyrdom of patriots like Hemant Karkare, felicitating traitors," he said, slamming Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh for his statement that the slain Mumbai ATS was receiving threats to his life from `Hindu terror groups`.
Bharitya Janta Yuva Morcha chief also flayed the Congress leader for visiting visit Azamgarh to meet kin of a suspected terrorist killed in Batla House encounter.
Thakur, who was here to review preparations for the proposed Rashtriya Ekta Yatra starting from Kolkata from January 12, also attacked Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi for remarks on `Hindu terror` a US diplomatic cable, leaked by WikiLeaks.
"There is a youth who wants to divide the country on the lines of religion," he alleged, while referring to Gandhi`s remarks in front of the US Ambassador, saying radical Hindu groups could pose a "bigger threat" to India than terror outfit LeT.
Holding Congress policies responsible for Kashmir problem, Thakur said "(Omar) Abdullah raises question over merger of J&K in India and leaders like Gilani issue statement in support of separatism... but the Centre has not mustered courage to act against them".
On BJYM`s proposed yatra, Thakur said BJP president Nitin Gadkari will flag it off from Kolkata on January 12 on the occasion of Swami Vivkeanand`s birth anniversary.
"The yatra will cover a distance of 3,060 km covering 12 states and will reach Jammu on January 25, where a youth rally will be organised. On January 26 we will hoist national flag at Lal Chowk," he said, adding the yatra will mobilise against UPA`s directionless and weak policies on Kashmir and terror issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends