Cong MP, BJP linked to firms raided in coal scam
New Delhi: The CBI on Tuesday raided nearly 30 places across the country in connection with the alleged coal blocks allocation scam, and registered cases against five companies for cheating and suppression of facts.
The companies named in the FIRs by the CBI are Vini Iron and Steel, Nav Bharat Steel, JLD Yavatmal, JAS infrasrtucture of Abhijeet Group and AMR Iron and Steel and their directors and unknown government officials.
Of the five firms booked today, two are allegedly linked to Congress MP Vijay Darda from Maharashtra. According to reports, Darda has 7% stake in Jas Infrastructure along with his son while JLD Yavatmal has been named after his father.
Darda has however refuted allegations that he was part of any scam, adding he had quit his role in JLD Yavatmal in 2009.
He has stated that neither he was involved in any scam nor he had any partnership with Union Coal Minister Shri Prakash Jaiswal or Subodh Kant Sahai.
He said if any BJP leader proved that he had been allotted nine coal blocks and got benefit of Rs 25,000 crore in nexus with Jaiswal, he was ready to relinquish politics else the person making allegations should leave politics.
The BJP has accused Darda of using his political standing to secure coal blocks for his family.
Also, while former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda is reportedly the owner of Vini Iron and Steel, Nav Bharat Steel promoter VK Singh`s wife Nina Singh contested on a BJP ticket from Chhattisgarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets