Cong MP submits Jan Lokpal Bill to Parl panel
New Delhi: Congress MP from Bareilly, Praveen Singh Aron, has submitted Anna Hazare`s Jan Lokpal Bill for consideration before Parliament`s Standing Committee which is examining the government`s version of the legislation.
Confirming the development, sources said the committee, headed by Abhishek Manu Singhvi, will take a decision on whether or not to take up the Bill during deliberations over the Lokpal issue at its meeting scheduled later.
Submission of Hazare`s Bill before the Parliamentary Standing Committee by a Congress member assumes significance in the light of recent indications by the government that it was working to accommodate some of the recommendations of Team Anna over the Lokpal issue.
BJP MP Varun Gandhi has already given a notice in the Lok Sabha for tabling the Jan Lokpal Bill as a private members` bill.
However, uncertainty remains on whether or not Gandhi`s bill would be taken up in the current session as at least one month`s time is required after giving notice for taking up any private member`s bill in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city