Cong MP submits Jan Lokpal Bill to Parl panel
New Delhi: Congress MP from Bareilly, Praveen Singh Aron, has submitted Anna Hazare`s Jan Lokpal Bill for consideration before Parliament`s Standing Committee which is examining the government`s version of the legislation.
Confirming the development, sources said the committee, headed by Abhishek Manu Singhvi, will take a decision on whether or not to take up the Bill during deliberations over the Lokpal issue at its meeting scheduled later.
Submission of Hazare`s Bill before the Parliamentary Standing Committee by a Congress member assumes significance in the light of recent indications by the government that it was working to accommodate some of the recommendations of Team Anna over the Lokpal issue.
BJP MP Varun Gandhi has already given a notice in the Lok Sabha for tabling the Jan Lokpal Bill as a private members` bill.
However, uncertainty remains on whether or not Gandhi`s bill would be taken up in the current session as at least one month`s time is required after giving notice for taking up any private member`s bill in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Tributes paid to Kargil martyr in Nagland
- Four killed in Bengal floods
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents