Cong MP urges Centre to launch CBI probe in lottery sales
New Delhi: A Congress MP from Kerala
Monday urged the Centre to launch a CBI probe into alleged
irregularities involved in the sale of inter-state lottery in
Raising the matter under Rule 377 in Lok Sabha, P T
Thomas MP said, "The sale of inter-state lottery in the name
of Sikkim and Bhutan Governments caused huge revenue loss to
the state government."
Thomas, who represents Idukki constituency in Lok
Sabha, alleged that the exchequer has suffered a loss of more
than Rs 50,000 crores "ever since the state has been
proliferated with inter-state lottery" four years ago.
Citing a letter written to the Central Government by
state Chief Minister V S Achuthanandan requesting a CBI probe
into the lottery scam, Thomas said, "In the events of these
facts, I request the Central Government to put a CBI inquiry
to reveal the real facts and punish the culprits."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?