Cong MPs demonstrate favouring Lokpal discussion
New Delhi: After adjournment of the Lok
Sabha over the Lokpal issue, about a dozen Congress MPs on Friday
staged a demonstration in front of Parliament gate near Gandhi
statue shouting slogans against BJP accusing the party of not
allowing debate in the House on the legislation and disrupting
As Deputy Speaker Kariya Munda declared that the House
will take up the debate under Rule 193 (short duration
discussion), BJP members were on their feet protesting the
move demanding it should be done under a rule which provides
The din prompted the Deputy Speaker to adjourn the House
for an hour.
"It is unfortunate that BJP did not allow the discussion
on the Lokpal in the House. It seems there is a conspiracy not
to let Anna break his fast," Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit told
reporters outside Parliament.
The short duration discussion was moved by Dikshit and
UP Congress MP Jagdambika Pal.
Meenakshi Natrajan, the young Congress MP who was part
of the core team of Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi,
said "They (BJP) are exposed today. It is now clear what they
Referring to Rahul`s speech in the House, she said, "We
want a constitutional body like Election Commission to fight
corruption as a long term policy."
Pal who had moved the discussion said, "By disrupting
the House BJP proved what it wants. There should be a
discussion in the House."
Congress MPs Sachin Pilot, Milind Deora and Jitin Prasad
were also part of the group that staged demonstration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!