Cong MPs from Telangana divided on resignation issue
New Delhi: Differences of opinion tonight seemed to have cropped up among Congress MPs from Telangana with some of them saying there was no need to resign after a statement by party indicated it was not against a separate state while others insisted on quitting.
Nizamabad MP Madhu Goud Yaskhi, one of the MPs at the forefront of the agitation for a separate state, told reporters that he did not see any need for the resignation after P C Chacko said the party was not against creation of Telangana.
“I don’t think there is any need for resignation now. Chacko’s statement is clear,” Yaskhi said.
However, his colleagues Rajaiah and Ponnam Prabhakar said they were firm on submitting their resignations to Congress Chief Sonia Gandhi.
“It might be his (Madhu’s) personal opinion. We want to send our resignation letters,” Rajaiah said.
The MPs had announced yesterday that they would forward their resignation, along with a letter explaining the reason for it, to Sonia Gandhi today.
Chacko said earlier in the day that "we are in the process of taking a decision but then formalities have to be completed," he said.
Chacko`s initial response was that the party`s position on Telangana is well known and that "it`s only a question of time" when the decision will be announced.
Asked specifically whether he meant to say the separate state of Telangana will be announced and it is just a matter of time now, the Congress spokesperson responded by saying "you are right. We have taken a position. Our party position is very clear..But whatever decision has to be taken has to fulfil some Constitutional obligations."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'