Cong names Narayan Rane as member of Cong-NCP panel
Mumbai: Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan
Rane and Textile Minister Mohammed Arif Naseem Khan have been
named as members of the Congress-NCP co-ordination committee.
The names of the two ministers were announced by the
AICC yesterday, party sources here said.
The other panel members from the Congress are Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan, State unit Congress president Manikrao
Thakre and Mumbai unit chief Kripashankar Singh.
The idea of a co-ordination committee was mooted by
Chavan after sharp differences emerged between the 10-year-old
coalition partners few months ago when Congress spokesman
Hussain Dalwai blamed the NCP for instigating communal riots
in Sangli-Miraj before the Assembly elections last year.
Meanwhile, NCP ministers have expressed displeasure
against the functioning present regime in Maharashtra alleging
that the Chief Minister delayed clearing files related to
Chavan, too, has criticised his NCP ministers for
speaking against Cabinet decisions in public.
It was Chavan himself, who, while stressing the need to
ensure smooth running of the coalition government, suggested
that a committee be appointed to air grievances of both the
parties instead of going public.
NCP members of the committee include Civil Aviation
Minister Praful Patel, Deputy Chief Minister Chhagan Bhujbal,
Power Minister Ajit Pawar, Home Minister R R Patil and state
unit NCP chief Madhukar Pichad.
The first meeting of the panel was held last week. The
two partners have decided to meet every three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees