Cong names screening committees for HP, Gujarat, Tripura
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Union Minister C P Joshi will head the Congress panels to screen candidates in poll-bound Himachal Pradesh, Tripura and Gujarat respectively.
The Screening Committees, announced by the Congress tonight, are a blend of the old and the new with each elder being assisted by a youth leader.
Dikshit heads the committee for Himachal Pradesh which has Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh, AICC General Secretary Birendra Singh, PCC chief Kaul Singh Thakur and CLP leader Vidya Stokes as members.
In Gujarat, Joshi will lead a team of Minister of State for Petroleum and Corporate Affairs RPN Singh, AICC in-charge Mohan Prakash, PCC chief Arjun Modhwadia and CLP leader Shaktisinh Gohil.
Gogoi will be assisted by Minister of State for Road Transport Jitin Prasada, AICC General Secretary Luizinho Faleiro, PCC chief Sudip Roy Burman and CLP leader Ratan Lal Nath.
Elections to these states are scheduled later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report