Cong names screening committees for HP, Gujarat, Tripura
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and Union Minister C P Joshi will head the Congress panels to screen candidates in poll-bound Himachal Pradesh, Tripura and Gujarat respectively.
The Screening Committees, announced by the Congress tonight, are a blend of the old and the new with each elder being assisted by a youth leader.
Dikshit heads the committee for Himachal Pradesh which has Minister of State for Home Jitendra Singh, AICC General Secretary Birendra Singh, PCC chief Kaul Singh Thakur and CLP leader Vidya Stokes as members.
In Gujarat, Joshi will lead a team of Minister of State for Petroleum and Corporate Affairs RPN Singh, AICC in-charge Mohan Prakash, PCC chief Arjun Modhwadia and CLP leader Shaktisinh Gohil.
Gogoi will be assisted by Minister of State for Road Transport Jitin Prasada, AICC General Secretary Luizinho Faleiro, PCC chief Sudip Roy Burman and CLP leader Ratan Lal Nath.
Elections to these states are scheduled later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs