Cong-NCP spar over Maharashtra Wakf Board
Mumbai: NCP on Thursday targeted the Minority Development Ministry headed by the Congress accusing it of protecting N D Pathan, the Wakq Board CEO, who was arrested recently by the Anti-Corruption Bureau on charges of taking bribe.
Addressing a press conference, NCP spokesman Nawab Malik said that despite communication from the Centre regarding removal of Pathan from his post, and inquiry into his dealings by CBI in March last year as well as from the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), the state government had not acted on the issue.
Pathan was arrested by ACB for taking Rs 30,000 bribe.
Malik alleged that Pathan was given an extension for two years after his retirement by violating rules.
He also wondered why the government sat over a judicial commission report into the functioning of the Wakf Board which was set up in 2007.
Criticising the Minority Development Minister Mohammed Arif Naseem Khan, Malik alleged there was an attempt to create an impression in Urdu papers as if action had been taken against Pathan.
"The action is mandatory after a official is imprisoned for 24 hours," he said.
Reacting to charges, Naseem Khan said Pathan`s services had been terminated with immediate effect.
"The mandatory action is suspension while the government has terminated his services," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference