Cong on countrywide campaign on coal allocation
New Delhi: Taking the Opposition head-on on the issue of coal block allocation, senior Congress leaders will visit all the states after the monsoon session of Parliament ends on Friday to articulate the party`s view on the current political situation.
A Union Minister and AICC in-charge of each state will address the media and interact with party workers as BJP stuck to their demand for the resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on the issue of coal block allocation, Congress sources said.
The decision to go the states between September 8-15 was taken at a meeting of AICC General Secretaries convened by senior Congress leader Janardan Dwivedi.
Government has already rejected the demand for cancellation of coal blocks and dismissed BJP`s demand for resignation of the Prime Minister in the wake of CAG findings on the issue.
The issue of deadlock in Parliament over the coal block allocation issue was discussed at the meeting of the Congress Core Group chaired by Congress President Sonia Gandhi yesterday.
Samajwadi Party supremo Mulyam Singh Yadav, whose party is a key outside supporter of UPA, has demanded an inquiry by a sitting Supreem Court judge into the coal block allocation.
Yadav made common cause with Left parties and TDP to demand the judicial probe and cancellation of licenses failng which they threatened to launch a countrywide agitation.
They demanded Parliament be allowed to function and an end to the "match-fixing" of Congress and BJP to disrupt it.
The government and Congress have been critical of CAG reports on coal block allocation issue and the Prime Minister has said the conclusions drawn by it were disputable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda