Cong practises politics of caste, religion to woo voters: Gadkari
Amethi: Claiming that his party does not believe in "the politics of caste and religion", former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said it was the Congress which practised such politics to woo the voters.
"BJP is a democratic party which never believes in the politics of caste and religion, but it is the Congress which practises such politics to woo the voters," said Gadkari, before he attended a roadshow in Amethi, accompanied by actor-turned-party nominee Smriti Irani.
Asked about BJP`s electoral prospect in Amethi, where Irani is pitted against Congress vice president and sitting MP Rahul Gandhi and AAP`s Kumar Vishwas, Gadkari said, "There was a wave in favour of (BJP prime ministerial candidate) Narendra Modi, and its impact will be felt across the country."
"BJP will form the next government at the Centre comfortably," he added.
Before the roadshow, Gadkari addressed the gathering and said "the people are most hopeful in the leadership of Modi and believe that a change will take place to the scenario created by the corrupt Congress regime". The roadshow began from Devi-Patan, a place famous for its Durga temple.
Meanwhile, former Congress head of Sangrampur block in Amethi constituency Arun Singh today joined BJP. Singh, who unsuccessfully contested the last Assembly elections as an Independent, joined the saffron outfit, BJP district president Daya Shankar Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans