Cong prays Lord Jagannath to give ‘Sad Buddhi’ to Modi
Bhubaneswar: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi offering pujas at Sri Jagannth Temple at Puri, Congress today prayed that the Lord give "Sad Budhi" (good sense) to BJP leader.
"I pray that Lord Jagannath give `Sad Budhi` to Modi so that he will not attempt to divide the country in the name of religion," said B K Hariprasad, the AICC general secretary in-charge of Odisha.
Alleging that Modi had been playing divisive politics which could spell disaster for the country, Hariprasad said BJP`s national election campaign committee chairman should be blessed with good sense to refrain from such kind of politics.
He said Modi`s words of bond between Gujarat and Odisha would have no impact on the people as the Odias living in Gujarat, who according to Modi, contributed to the growth of Gujarat, did not have any identity.
"Odias in Gujarat are not given ration cards, voting rights or any other rights availed by any Indian citizen. When Modi fails to give rights to Odias in Gujarat, how can he take care the people of Odisha here," Hariprasad said.
He was addressing a public meeting at Salepur in Cuttack district marking culmination of the Odisha state unit`s week long FIR campaign against the BJD government.
The senior Congress leader criticised Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over "rampant corruption" in the state. He charged the BJD government with handing over mineral resources to only 40 families in the state while about four crore people suffer from poverty.
Accusing the Naveen Patnaik government of diverting 10 kg of rice every month from each BPL family from their 35 kg monthly quota," the party had been filing FIRs against the chief minister and the food and civil supplies minister.
"Congress workers with the help of BPL families have filed more than 5,000 FIRs in at least 300 police stations against the BJD government for the diversion," said party state president Jeydev Jena.
He said the party was planning to move court if the police did not register case against the chief minister for alleged diversion of subsidised rice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh had a bitter fall-out on their Paris vacay? - Details inside
- Jayalalithaa urges PM Narendra Modi to get fishermen released from Sri Lanka
- 'Girl boss': Sushmita Sen's weekend getaway with her adorable daughters!
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'