Cong prepares to celebrate quasquicentennial year
New Delhi: Congress is expected to hold a
conference here on December 28, its foundation day, heralding
year-long celebrations for the party, which completes 125
years in 2010.
There are plans for some changes in the AICC secretariat
in view of the fact that some Union ministers were also office
bearers of the AICC and were overburdened.
Highly placed party sources said the conference would be
a small affair and was unlikely to be an AICC meeting, which
is generally a day long exercise.
The year-long celebrations are expected to be
concluded by an AICC plenary on December 28 next year.
The first meeting of the AICC committee headed by party
chief Sonia Gandhi to decide the activities and programmes to
mark the 125 years of the party is being held tomorrow.
Congress is the oldest political party in India, which
was formed way back in 1885 by a British, A O Hume.
A full-fledged reshuffle of the AICC is likely to await
the completion of organisational elections next year, the
Among the leaders, AICC General Secretaries Ghulam Nabi
Azad, Prithviraj Chavan, V Narayanswami have become Union
Ministers and so also A K Antony and Veerappa Moily, who are
also in charge of some states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know