Cong prepares to celebrate quasquicentennial year
New Delhi: Congress is expected to hold a
conference here on December 28, its foundation day, heralding
year-long celebrations for the party, which completes 125
years in 2010.
There are plans for some changes in the AICC secretariat
in view of the fact that some Union ministers were also office
bearers of the AICC and were overburdened.
Highly placed party sources said the conference would be
a small affair and was unlikely to be an AICC meeting, which
is generally a day long exercise.
The year-long celebrations are expected to be
concluded by an AICC plenary on December 28 next year.
The first meeting of the AICC committee headed by party
chief Sonia Gandhi to decide the activities and programmes to
mark the 125 years of the party is being held tomorrow.
Congress is the oldest political party in India, which
was formed way back in 1885 by a British, A O Hume.
A full-fledged reshuffle of the AICC is likely to await
the completion of organisational elections next year, the
Among the leaders, AICC General Secretaries Ghulam Nabi
Azad, Prithviraj Chavan, V Narayanswami have become Union
Ministers and so also A K Antony and Veerappa Moily, who are
also in charge of some states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC