Cong questions source of IAC`s funding
New Delhi: The Congress Wednesday dismissed as "baseless" the allegations of Arvind Kejriwal that the UPA government was favouring Mukesh Ambani and sought to turn the table on the activist questioning the source of funding of India Against Corruption.
"It is baseless. Nowadays it is fashionable of IAC to make accusations. From where you are getting funds? Who is funding the IAC... It is Ford Foundation from Ramlila Maidan to this press conference," AICC general secretary B K Hariprasad told reporters.
Suggesting a nexus between BJP and Kejriwal, Hariprasad questioned, "Why he is not going to states, which are neck deep in corruption. He should first come clean on charges levelled against him before making accusations at others.
If Mukesh Ambani is running the government, the IAC is run by people abroad - Ford foundation and others."
Accusing Kejriwal of doing this for media attention, the Congress leader said, "Everyday they want to be in news. Everyday they shoot and scoot and then run away."
The Congress leader was reacting to the allegations by Kerjiwal that the UPA and the previous NDA governments had favoured Mukesh Ambani and his company by giving contract on gas exploration in KG Basin and concessions at a huge cost to the exchequer.
Attacking the decision to shift S Jaipal Reddy from Petroleum Ministry, Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan alleged it was now "absolutely crystal clear" that he was eased out of the crucial ministry only on account of "pressure" from Reliance Industries.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!