Cong refuses to read much into Maya`s remarks
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday saw nothing wrong in BSP supremo Mayawati`s description of its UPA ally Samajwadi Party-ruled Uttar Pradesh as `crime pradesh`.
"I agree," Congress general secretary and party in-charge in Uttar Pradesh, Digvijay Singh said when asked to comment on Mayawati`s remarks.
Mayawati today attacked the Akhilesh Yadav government saying law and order had failed completely in Uttar Pradesh reducing it to "crime pradesh".
"The UP government has failed badly on law and order front. Now Uttar Pradesh has become not 99 per cent but 100 per cent crime pradesh," she told reporters here.
The BSP chief said people of Uttar Pradesh have realised the mistake of voting Samajwadi Party to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015