Cong refuses to read much into Maya`s remarks
New Delhi: Congress on Sunday saw nothing wrong in BSP supremo Mayawati`s description of its UPA ally Samajwadi Party-ruled Uttar Pradesh as `crime pradesh`.
"I agree," Congress general secretary and party in-charge in Uttar Pradesh, Digvijay Singh said when asked to comment on Mayawati`s remarks.
Mayawati today attacked the Akhilesh Yadav government saying law and order had failed completely in Uttar Pradesh reducing it to "crime pradesh".
"The UP government has failed badly on law and order front. Now Uttar Pradesh has become not 99 per cent but 100 per cent crime pradesh," she told reporters here.
The BSP chief said people of Uttar Pradesh have realised the mistake of voting Samajwadi Party to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rupee recovers 7 paise to 67.11 vs USD
- Hyundai Tucson to get 2.0-l petrol engine; no 1.6-l diesel
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded