Cong rejects BJP`s criticism of PMO`s clean chit to Vadra
New Delhi: Congress Thursday dismissed BJP`s criticism over the Prime Minister`s Office`s affidavit that the allegations regarding irregular land dealings between Robert Vadra and real estate major DLF "appear to be false, based on hearsay and vexatious".
"BJP comments without knowing. It`s not possible that the Prime Minister`s Office will file an affidavit without any basis. PMO files an affidavit only after proper information," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Alvi`s reaction came after BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad`s sharp reaction to the PMO`s reply to Allahabad High Court in the Vadra case.
Prasad had said, "Haryana and Rajasthan governments helped Vadra. How can PMO be used to shield corruption?
The PMO affidavit came in response to a notice issued by a division bench of justice Umakant Singh and justice Virendra Kumar Dikshit on October 11 to the Centre listing objections to the maintainability of the petition filed by Thakur.
Alvi also downplayed BJP leader Yashwant Sinha`s criticism that how can Rahul Gandhi and his workers monitor the implementation of government scheme like MNREGA. Sinha had also resented the announcement of the scheme for cash transfer of subsidy at the AICC headquarters saying how can a government scheme be announced in a party office.
"Credit goes to Rahul Gandhi for the scheme (MNREGA)," Alvi argued but clarified that Rahul will address the meeting of Districts Presidents of Congress who will be monitoring whether the schemes are being implemented properly or not.
The Congress spokesperson also said that secularism will be very much an issue for the party in Assembly elections in Narendra Modi-ruled Gujarat like it is in any other state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'