Cong rejects BJP`s criticism of PMO`s clean chit to Vadra
New Delhi: Congress Thursday dismissed BJP`s criticism over the Prime Minister`s Office`s affidavit that the allegations regarding irregular land dealings between Robert Vadra and real estate major DLF "appear to be false, based on hearsay and vexatious".
"BJP comments without knowing. It`s not possible that the Prime Minister`s Office will file an affidavit without any basis. PMO files an affidavit only after proper information," party spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters here.
Alvi`s reaction came after BJP`s chief spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad`s sharp reaction to the PMO`s reply to Allahabad High Court in the Vadra case.
Prasad had said, "Haryana and Rajasthan governments helped Vadra. How can PMO be used to shield corruption?
The PMO affidavit came in response to a notice issued by a division bench of justice Umakant Singh and justice Virendra Kumar Dikshit on October 11 to the Centre listing objections to the maintainability of the petition filed by Thakur.
Alvi also downplayed BJP leader Yashwant Sinha`s criticism that how can Rahul Gandhi and his workers monitor the implementation of government scheme like MNREGA. Sinha had also resented the announcement of the scheme for cash transfer of subsidy at the AICC headquarters saying how can a government scheme be announced in a party office.
"Credit goes to Rahul Gandhi for the scheme (MNREGA)," Alvi argued but clarified that Rahul will address the meeting of Districts Presidents of Congress who will be monitoring whether the schemes are being implemented properly or not.
The Congress spokesperson also said that secularism will be very much an issue for the party in Assembly elections in Narendra Modi-ruled Gujarat like it is in any other state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!