Cong resorting to lies to embroil RSS in blasts case: Rajnath
Bhopal: BJP President Rajnath Singh today launched a hard-hitting attack on Congress, accusing it of resorting to lies to embroil RSS in Ajmer blasts case.
"Ajmer blast accused Bhavesh Patel has made a statement that the Home Minister and a former Chief Minister of the state, who is also a Congress general secretary, had asked him to name RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and Indresh Kumar in the blasts case," he told a rally here.
Singh`s remarks came after Patel in a reported letter to the NIA special court claimed that Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde forced him to implicate Bhagwat and senior leader Indresh Kumar in the terror case.
Maintainig that Patel`s reported statement has exposed Congress, the BJP chief said, "People take recourse to lies when there is absence of truth."
Striking an imagery of the great Mahabharat war, Singh compared Congress with Kauravas, saying they will not be able to defeat the Pandavas, the BJP.
He said that BJP has now become a "bigger party than Congress" and it will win 2013 Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh and the general elections in 2014 irrespective of "how many lies Congress resorts to."
He also slammed the UPA government on the issue of corruption, price rise and internal security. Comparing the UPA`s rule with six-years-rule of NDA, Singh said that while price rise was controlled during their government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee, it is growing now and "corruption has broken all records".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark