Cong ridicules BSY over `black magic` comment
New Delhi: Congress Monday ridiculed
Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa`s claim that there
was a conspiracy to eliminate him by taking recourse to "black
magic" saying it exposed the BJP leader`s "medieval and
"This is a living example of a medieval and reactionary
mindset. The fundamental question is that whether this betrays
only his mindset or also that of the party to which be belongs
and which has made him the Chief Minister," party spokesperson
Manish Tewari told reporters here.
Be was reacting to Yeddyurappa`s comment in Mysore that
there was a conspiracy to eliminate him by taking recourse to
"black magic" after efforts to use it to unseat him from power
"Those who indulged in black magic to unseat me from
power and failed are involved in it again... There is a
conspiracy to eliminate me. I am not even sure whether I will
return home after visiting Vidhana Soudha (state
secretariat)," said Yeddyurappa, who has been facing unending
troubles since becoming chief minister in 2008.
The BJP leader has been in controversy for some time
over land allotment issues in the state involving his kin and
a section of the party favours his exit from the Chief
The Congress spokesperson said it needed consideration
how such statements behove a Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons