Cong says it will be `promising budget` with more reforms
New Delhi: A "very promising budget" is on the anvil, Congress on Wednesday said indicating that the Union Budget 2013-14 will be replete with populist schemes as also economic reforms.
"A very promising budget is going to come. The government is now well in control. Economic steps are the most important thing.... In next year we are going to have many programmes, which are going to have far-reaching consequences.
"...Some immediate steps are to be taken. These are going to be announced in the coming budget," party spokesperson PC Chacko told reporters here.
Chacko also said that the party is ready to implement the decisions taken by the Jaipur session of the AICC and "at all levels in the party, reorganisation is being done".
He mentioned economic reforms, Food Security Act and Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) as the measures to be implemented.
"The party is well-prepared to go ahead to implement its promises in the next year. At all levels in the party, reorganisation is being done. We are ready to implement the decisions taken by the Jaipur session of the AICC," Chacko said.
He also lauded the government led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying the global economic crisis did not affect India too much due to "effective management".
"The AICC guidelines is that go ahead with the reform programme....Govt is always directed by the programmes of the party," Chacko said.
The budget session is expected to start from February 21 and the budget will be presented on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez