Cong says it will be `promising budget` with more reforms
New Delhi: A "very promising budget" is on the anvil, Congress on Wednesday said indicating that the Union Budget 2013-14 will be replete with populist schemes as also economic reforms.
"A very promising budget is going to come. The government is now well in control. Economic steps are the most important thing.... In next year we are going to have many programmes, which are going to have far-reaching consequences.
"...Some immediate steps are to be taken. These are going to be announced in the coming budget," party spokesperson PC Chacko told reporters here.
Chacko also said that the party is ready to implement the decisions taken by the Jaipur session of the AICC and "at all levels in the party, reorganisation is being done".
He mentioned economic reforms, Food Security Act and Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) as the measures to be implemented.
"The party is well-prepared to go ahead to implement its promises in the next year. At all levels in the party, reorganisation is being done. We are ready to implement the decisions taken by the Jaipur session of the AICC," Chacko said.
He also lauded the government led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh saying the global economic crisis did not affect India too much due to "effective management".
"The AICC guidelines is that go ahead with the reform programme....Govt is always directed by the programmes of the party," Chacko said.
The budget session is expected to start from February 21 and the budget will be presented on February 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city