Cong sidesteps question on alliance with Nitish
New Delhi: Amid growing strains between ruling JD(U) and BJP in Bihar, Congress Monday sidestepped questions about the possibility of the party tying up with Nitish Kumar`s party.
"It is premature. I am not the competent authority to comment on that or decide that. I do not think we bargain like that. When Nitish Kumar decides to speak, we will let you know," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters.
She was asked whether Kumar`s plans to hold a rally in Delhi in March next year on the issue of seeking special status to Bihar was aimed at reaching out to the UPA.
The AICC has been claiming that the JD(U)-BJP alliance is unlikely to last long and giving hints that it was not averse to doing business with Kumar if his ties with BJP are snapped.
Bihar BJP chief CP Thakur had recently remarked that his party was readying itself to contest all the 40 Lok Sabha seats in the state in 2014 polls, apparently suspicious of JD-U.
Thakur had, however, expressed confidence that JD-U will not walk out of the alliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss