Cong slams BJP for disrupting Parliament
New Delhi: Hitting out at the BJP for paralysing Parliament, Congress Monday wondered why the opposition members contested elections if they were so keen on activism.
"I don`t know why they contest Parliamentary elections if they do not want the House to run... They should remain as activists," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters when asked to comment on repeated adjournment of Parliament over coal block allocation.
Three bills, including the Protection of Women Against Sexual Harassment at Work Place Bill, were passed in the Lok Sabha amid vociferous protests by BJP-led NDA members.
Chowdhury said it would have been better if the Bills, particularly on protecting women against sexual harassment at work places, were discussed in the House.
She said the passage of the Protection of Women Against Sexual Harassment at Work Place Bill was a very big step in women`s empowerment.
Chowdhury said if the Bill had been discussed in Parliament, people across the country would have known the details of the significant measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!