Cong slams BJP for disrupting Parliament
New Delhi: Hitting out at the BJP for paralysing Parliament, Congress Monday wondered why the opposition members contested elections if they were so keen on activism.
"I don`t know why they contest Parliamentary elections if they do not want the House to run... They should remain as activists," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhury told reporters when asked to comment on repeated adjournment of Parliament over coal block allocation.
Three bills, including the Protection of Women Against Sexual Harassment at Work Place Bill, were passed in the Lok Sabha amid vociferous protests by BJP-led NDA members.
Chowdhury said it would have been better if the Bills, particularly on protecting women against sexual harassment at work places, were discussed in the House.
She said the passage of the Protection of Women Against Sexual Harassment at Work Place Bill was a very big step in women`s empowerment.
Chowdhury said if the Bill had been discussed in Parliament, people across the country would have known the details of the significant measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley