Cong snubs Modi over Rahul jibe
New Delhi: The Congress Monday snubbed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over his jibe that Rahul is an "international leader" and can contest election in Italy also.
"What should we say about Modi, who has lost all dignity. Yes, this is true that Rahul Gandhi is a leader of the country`s biggest democracy. Unfortunately this is not said about Modi but only about Rahul. It is better that the Gujarat chief minister has realised where does he stand," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
Addressing a convention in Rajkot, Modi today said, "Recently a Congress leader made a statement that Rahul Gandhi is a national leader of Congress and I am a regional leader... I am proud to be a regional leader of Gujarat. Rahul is not a national leader but an international leader and he can contest election in India as well as in Italy."
He was apparently targeting the foreign origin issue of his mother Sonia Gandhi.
Last week, when asked whether the forthcoming election in Gujarat will be a "Modi Vs Rahul" affair, Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi had said that comparison cannot be made as Rahul is Congress`s national leader while Modi is regional leader of Gujarat.
Yesterday, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh described Modi as a regional leader and Rahul a national one.
Rejecting BJP`s criticism of government for pushing the reforms, Chowdhary shot back "should we not bring reform and run the government like the BJP did... The reform will continue. There is no other way and we want to go ahead taking everybody along".
She also hit back at the BJP for its criticism of the FDI in multi-brand retail saying that the Opposition party has "not got a backbone" and hence it changes posture in quick succession.
She was responding to a question about BJP`s proposal in past to introduce 26 per cent FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing