Cong steers clear of charges against PC’s son
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday steered clear of the charges made by Subramanian Swamy against Karti Chidambaram, son of Home Minister P Chidambaram, saying he himself is competent enough to reply to the allegations.
"How am I am responsible for answering to allegations about Karti Chidambaram`s business deals. He can himself reply to Swamy`s allegations," party spokesperson Renuka Choudhary told reporters.
Karti has already dismissed the charges made against him by Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on investments in Aircel against which a CBI case is on.
There is no no truth. None of the companies in which Karti has any interest holds any equity in nor has given any loan to any telecom company, a source close to Karti said.
The allegations are baseless, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead