Cong steers clear of demand for KGB`s resignation
New Delhi: Congress on Monday steered clear
of the demands for former Chief Justice of India K G
Balakrishnan resigning as NHRC`s chairperson in the wake of
income tax department finding black money trail to his
"I do not think I have anything to say. The matter is
between that statutory committee and the government. Some
people have given their views. Congress has no need to comment
on it," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Former Chief Justice J S Verma has asked Balakrishnan
to quit as NHRC chief in the wake of the sensational
disclosure by the income tax department. Verma has said that
it was for Balakrishnan to come clean on the allegations that
his relatives suddenly became rich during his term at the helm
in the apex court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000