Cong steers clear of Gen VK Singh’s remark
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday steered clear of the remarks of Army Chief Gen VK Singh that information was selectively leaked by the Defence Ministry to "fix" him.
"We always treat the institution of Army with utmost respect. If at all, there are certain averments which have been made the appropriate person or the authority to reply to them or rebut them is the Ministry of Defence..."If at all there are any questions, with regard to what may have been said by Gen Singh, all those queries should be directed to the ministry of defence," party spokesperson Manish Tewari said.
However, the Secretary of AICC ex-servicemen department Captain Praveen Davar criticised the Army Chief saying Singh was "playing havoc with the system" and has "crossed the Lakshman rekha".
He said that the outgoing Army Chief was creating a "bad precedent" which will inflict "irreparable damage" to the Army establishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog