Cong supports politicians dividing nation: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Tuesday accused the Congress-led government at the
centre for supporting politicians sowing seeds of hatred and
castism to divide the nation.
Modi was speaking at the end of his day-long fast as
part of Sadbhavna Mission at Songadh in Tapi district.
"Certain power-hungry politicians and people with
vested interests are sowing poison of hatred, bickering,
castism and inter-state rivalry to divide the nation," Modi
said expressing concern over the issue.
"These elements have received support of previous and
present Congress-led government at the Centre. The poison is
administered to tribal people, too," the chief minister said.
Modi further criticised the Union government on the
price rise issue and said, "While Centre could not solve just
one problem of inflation, Gujarat has set up the rule of peace
and harmony, opened medical and engineering colleges for
future generation and provided them with jobs, too."
He reiterated the resolve of his government that
Gujarat’s `development mantra` would serve as the strength for
the country’s development through Sadbhavna Mission.
The mantra for development, has been pursued
vigorously since the last ten years, and would shun all other
vested interests and set its own benchmark, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened