Cong supports politicians dividing nation: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Tuesday accused the Congress-led government at the
centre for supporting politicians sowing seeds of hatred and
castism to divide the nation.
Modi was speaking at the end of his day-long fast as
part of Sadbhavna Mission at Songadh in Tapi district.
"Certain power-hungry politicians and people with
vested interests are sowing poison of hatred, bickering,
castism and inter-state rivalry to divide the nation," Modi
said expressing concern over the issue.
"These elements have received support of previous and
present Congress-led government at the Centre. The poison is
administered to tribal people, too," the chief minister said.
Modi further criticised the Union government on the
price rise issue and said, "While Centre could not solve just
one problem of inflation, Gujarat has set up the rule of peace
and harmony, opened medical and engineering colleges for
future generation and provided them with jobs, too."
He reiterated the resolve of his government that
Gujarat’s `development mantra` would serve as the strength for
the country’s development through Sadbhavna Mission.
The mantra for development, has been pursued
vigorously since the last ten years, and would shun all other
vested interests and set its own benchmark, he added.
- Inside pictures: Check out the best moments from Bipasha-Karan's wedding, reception
- See pic: NASA releases updated global map of Pluto!
- PM Narendra Modi launches 'Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana' on Labour Day, calls himself no. 1 labourer of India
- La Liga 2015-16: Barcelona beat Betis to remain top, Atletico, Real keep up pressure
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls California protesters 'thugs, criminals'