Cong supports politicians dividing nation: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Tuesday accused the Congress-led government at the
centre for supporting politicians sowing seeds of hatred and
castism to divide the nation.
Modi was speaking at the end of his day-long fast as
part of Sadbhavna Mission at Songadh in Tapi district.
"Certain power-hungry politicians and people with
vested interests are sowing poison of hatred, bickering,
castism and inter-state rivalry to divide the nation," Modi
said expressing concern over the issue.
"These elements have received support of previous and
present Congress-led government at the Centre. The poison is
administered to tribal people, too," the chief minister said.
Modi further criticised the Union government on the
price rise issue and said, "While Centre could not solve just
one problem of inflation, Gujarat has set up the rule of peace
and harmony, opened medical and engineering colleges for
future generation and provided them with jobs, too."
He reiterated the resolve of his government that
Gujarat’s `development mantra` would serve as the strength for
the country’s development through Sadbhavna Mission.
The mantra for development, has been pursued
vigorously since the last ten years, and would shun all other
vested interests and set its own benchmark, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened