Cong supports politicians dividing nation: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Tuesday accused the Congress-led government at the
centre for supporting politicians sowing seeds of hatred and
castism to divide the nation.
Modi was speaking at the end of his day-long fast as
part of Sadbhavna Mission at Songadh in Tapi district.
"Certain power-hungry politicians and people with
vested interests are sowing poison of hatred, bickering,
castism and inter-state rivalry to divide the nation," Modi
said expressing concern over the issue.
"These elements have received support of previous and
present Congress-led government at the Centre. The poison is
administered to tribal people, too," the chief minister said.
Modi further criticised the Union government on the
price rise issue and said, "While Centre could not solve just
one problem of inflation, Gujarat has set up the rule of peace
and harmony, opened medical and engineering colleges for
future generation and provided them with jobs, too."
He reiterated the resolve of his government that
Gujarat’s `development mantra` would serve as the strength for
the country’s development through Sadbhavna Mission.
The mantra for development, has been pursued
vigorously since the last ten years, and would shun all other
vested interests and set its own benchmark, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive