Cong to issue whip to party MPs to vote for promotion quota
New Delhi: Congress will issue a whip to its MPs in Rajya Sabha asking them to vote in favour of the promotion quota bill on Monday, party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
"The Congress is committed that there should be reservations in promotions for SCs and STs. After much thought we have committed to this and we are bringing it to Parliament and we hope that we will be able to get the Bill cleared in the Parliament," Alvi said here.
He was asked if the party was planning to issue a whip for voting on the Bill on reservation for SCs and STs in promotions
"Definitely the party will issue a whip. Why will it not issue a whip?" Alvi responded.
When asked for the Congress` reaction to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik statement that Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Abu Jundal was an operative of an elite Indian intelligence agency, he said, "We want good relations with Pakistan and will all other countries as well. But the doubts and suspicions, Pakistan has to clear them. However the External Affairs Ministry can answer this question better."
He added that the government is not silent and all issues are being raised appropriately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note