Cong to issue whip to party MPs to vote for promotion quota
New Delhi: Congress will issue a whip to its MPs in Rajya Sabha asking them to vote in favour of the promotion quota bill on Monday, party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
"The Congress is committed that there should be reservations in promotions for SCs and STs. After much thought we have committed to this and we are bringing it to Parliament and we hope that we will be able to get the Bill cleared in the Parliament," Alvi said here.
He was asked if the party was planning to issue a whip for voting on the Bill on reservation for SCs and STs in promotions
"Definitely the party will issue a whip. Why will it not issue a whip?" Alvi responded.
When asked for the Congress` reaction to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik statement that Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Abu Jundal was an operative of an elite Indian intelligence agency, he said, "We want good relations with Pakistan and will all other countries as well. But the doubts and suspicions, Pakistan has to clear them. However the External Affairs Ministry can answer this question better."
He added that the government is not silent and all issues are being raised appropriately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal