Cong to issue whip to party MPs to vote for promotion quota
New Delhi: Congress will issue a whip to its MPs in Rajya Sabha asking them to vote in favour of the promotion quota bill on Monday, party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said.
"The Congress is committed that there should be reservations in promotions for SCs and STs. After much thought we have committed to this and we are bringing it to Parliament and we hope that we will be able to get the Bill cleared in the Parliament," Alvi said here.
He was asked if the party was planning to issue a whip for voting on the Bill on reservation for SCs and STs in promotions
"Definitely the party will issue a whip. Why will it not issue a whip?" Alvi responded.
When asked for the Congress` reaction to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik statement that Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist Abu Jundal was an operative of an elite Indian intelligence agency, he said, "We want good relations with Pakistan and will all other countries as well. But the doubts and suspicions, Pakistan has to clear them. However the External Affairs Ministry can answer this question better."
He added that the government is not silent and all issues are being raised appropriately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past