Cong to launch agitation against farmers` land acquisition
Bhopal: Congress on Sunday announced to launch an agitation on December 2 from Barhi village in Katni district where farmers have been opposing land acquisition for a private power plant.
"The statewide agitation against the injustice being done to the farmers will be launched on December 2, from Barhi village in Katni district under the leadership of the state Congress unit president Kantilal Bhuria," Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, Ajay Singh, said here today.
All Congress MLAs will be present during the agitation which will be addressed by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh and the general secretary in-charge of the state, B K Hariprasad.
Ajay alleged that the BJP government, which always claims to make agriculture a profitable venture, is forcibly acquiring land from the farmers, thus snatching the only means of livelihood from them in the name of setting up industries.
The situation like in Dongaria and Bujbuja in Katni district is prevailing in the entire state including Anooppur, Chhindwara and Dindori among others where farmers were opposing land acquisition for industries.
The farmers in Dongaria and Bujbuja have even set up funeral pyres on their lands to oppose forcible land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur