Cong to launch agitation against farmers` land acquisition
Bhopal: Congress on Sunday announced to launch an agitation on December 2 from Barhi village in Katni district where farmers have been opposing land acquisition for a private power plant.
"The statewide agitation against the injustice being done to the farmers will be launched on December 2, from Barhi village in Katni district under the leadership of the state Congress unit president Kantilal Bhuria," Leader of Opposition in the state Assembly, Ajay Singh, said here today.
All Congress MLAs will be present during the agitation which will be addressed by Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh and the general secretary in-charge of the state, B K Hariprasad.
Ajay alleged that the BJP government, which always claims to make agriculture a profitable venture, is forcibly acquiring land from the farmers, thus snatching the only means of livelihood from them in the name of setting up industries.
The situation like in Dongaria and Bujbuja in Katni district is prevailing in the entire state including Anooppur, Chhindwara and Dindori among others where farmers were opposing land acquisition for industries.
The farmers in Dongaria and Bujbuja have even set up funeral pyres on their lands to oppose forcible land acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees