Cong tries to project Narendra Modi as state leader
New Delhi: Despite a section of the BJP and outside seeing him as the PM candidate, Congress on Thursday sought to project Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a state leader and dismissed suggestion that he had hijacked Rahul Gandhi`s agenda of connecting with youth.
It also steered clear of questions whether the next Lok Sabha polls will be a Rahul Gandhi vs Narendra Modi tussle.
"Whom to project as the PM candidate is the internal matter of the BJP and since Modi is Gujarat Chief Minister, the Gujarat PCC will appropriately respond to whatever he has said," was the response of party spokesman Rashid Alvi to reporters.
He said that the Congress would like to see Rahul, who is its leader, to become the next Prime Minister.
But, Alvi insisted that the party does not name its PM candidate before elections and the leader is chosen by the high command along with the newly elected members of Parliament.
The Congress spokesman dismissed suggestions that Modi through his speech here yesterday had hijacked Rahul Gandhi`s agenda of connecting with youth.
Yesterday, the Gujarat Chief Minister used S college platform here to project himself nationally saying his focus was on development politics and not that of vote-bank, which he said has "ruined" the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bond girl Caterina Murino all set to take Bollywood by storm with Rajeev Khandelwal's 'Fever'!
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million
- Ensure single point contact for black money disclosures: CBDT
- 'Incentives announced for textiles will help create jobs'