Cong tries to project Narendra Modi as state leader
New Delhi: Despite a section of the BJP and outside seeing him as the PM candidate, Congress on Thursday sought to project Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a state leader and dismissed suggestion that he had hijacked Rahul Gandhi`s agenda of connecting with youth.
It also steered clear of questions whether the next Lok Sabha polls will be a Rahul Gandhi vs Narendra Modi tussle.
"Whom to project as the PM candidate is the internal matter of the BJP and since Modi is Gujarat Chief Minister, the Gujarat PCC will appropriately respond to whatever he has said," was the response of party spokesman Rashid Alvi to reporters.
He said that the Congress would like to see Rahul, who is its leader, to become the next Prime Minister.
But, Alvi insisted that the party does not name its PM candidate before elections and the leader is chosen by the high command along with the newly elected members of Parliament.
The Congress spokesman dismissed suggestions that Modi through his speech here yesterday had hijacked Rahul Gandhi`s agenda of connecting with youth.
Yesterday, the Gujarat Chief Minister used S college platform here to project himself nationally saying his focus was on development politics and not that of vote-bank, which he said has "ruined" the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security