Cong wants probe into RSS-Abhinav Bharat `linkages`
New Delhi: With Hindu outfits coming under
suspicion in the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast case, Congress on Saturday
sought a thorough investigation to "discern the linkages"
between Abhinav Bharat and RSS alleging the latter is the
"fountainhead" of Hindu fundamentalist thought.
"It is disturbing that the name of Abhinav Bharat is
repeatedly cropping up in various bomb blast-related
investigations. The organisation, a self-proclaimed right-wing
militia, has embryonic linkages with the Hindu fundamentalist
school of thought. RSS is the fountainhead of this school of
thought," party spokesperson Manish Tewari said.
"Hence there must be holistic investigations to discern
the linkages of Abhinav Bharat and to find out where it fits
into the larger RSS pantheon," he said.
Tewari said that the present and the past of RSS has
always been "shrouded in suspicion".
"From the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi to the Malegaon
blast and now the emerging contours from the Ajmer
investigations make it very clear that while they profess to
believe in cultural nationalism, their tactics possibly
borders on some sort of terrorism," Tewari said.
"What is the position of the Abhinav Bharat in the larger
Sangh Parviar? How does the organisation relate to RSS? What
is the connection between all these people considering that in
Malegaon, you had photographs of a former BJP President
appearing with one of the prime accused," Tewari asked.
RSS today said its name was being dragged into the Ajmer
blast case to malign its image.
"Efforts are being made to drag the name of Sangh in the
(Ajmer) blast case...innocent people and organisations like
Sangh are being maligned," RSS leader Ram Madhav told
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price