Cong will be punished for its sins: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Sharad Yadav on Sunday charged the Congress with being soft on its leaders accused of corruption, including in the 2G and cash-for-votes scams.
"The government lodges us in jail when we raise our voices against corruption," Yadav thundered at Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader LK Advani`s rally here.
The rally in the sprawling Ramlila Grounds marks an end to Advani`s 40-day nationwide journey to create public awareness on corruption and Indian black money stashed in foreign banks.
Yadav, who is also convenor of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA), said the government was soft on Congress leaders who are allegedly involved in corruption scams.
"There is only one Congress member in jail and that is Suresh Kalmadi. Look at the cash-for-votes scam. Not even one Congress member was arrested. And opposition leaders who blew the lid were jailed," he said.
"You (the Congress) have committed the sin and remember you will be punished for your sins. That is the intention of Advani`s yatra," Yadav said, putting a united face of the NDA ahead of the Winter Session of Parliament that begins on Tuesday.
The JD-U chief said the purpose of Advani`s journey was to create awareness among the people of the country towards "the danger that lies ahead".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister
- PM Modi congratulates new Kerala CM
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic