Congmen, women asked to practise austerity
New Delhi: Follow the leader, Congress has
told partymen in practising austerity.
With Congress chief Sonia Gandhi setting an example by
travelling economy class for a Mumbai meeting yesterday and
Rahul Gandhi shunning executive class in train to travel to
Ludhiyana today, the party renewed its focus on austerity.
The AICC today sent a circular to all its secretaries
regarding implementation of austerity measures outlined in the
Congress Working Committee meeting last month.
Senior party leader Oscar Fernandes also chaired a
meeting of AICC secretaries and office-bearers on the issue.
A senior party leader said a circular from AICC has
already been sent to all state units to implement the
decisions of the CWC meeting held in the backdrop of
drought-like condition in several parts of the country and
AICC also provided the state units a draft form in
this regard in which the contribution of 20 percent voluntary
salary cut received from Congressmen towards the drought
relief fund has to be recorded.
The circular also asks PCCs to monitor implementation
of NREGA in drought-affected districts and other schemes of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27
- Horrific! Huge serpent creeps into man's toilet; attacks genitals – Watch
- PM Modi still most popular leader; NDA to get 342 seats if elections held today: Survey
- Consume lots of fruits during pregnancy to have smart kids!
- Eight killed after jeep falls in gorge in Uttarakhand