Congress a `sinking ship` being deserted by its allies: BJP
New Delhi: Amidst reports of unease between Congress and its allies, BJP on Friday said the party was a "sinking ship" which was being deserted by its passengers.
"Congress is a sinking ship and its passengers are deserting it. Sonia cannot deliver. Manmohan Singh is past. Rahul Gandhi is a failure. They know how Congress and UPA have made a mess of India. Allies are seeking greener pastures elsewhere," BJP spokesperson Ravishankar Prasad said.
Prasad was reacting to media reports regarding unease in Congress` ties with National Conference and that NCP President Sharad Pawar had met BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi in Delhi earlier this month.
Pawar has denied the reported meeting with Modi but NCP leader Praful Patel sought more "clarity" from Congress on their alliance in Maharashtra.
Prasad said Congress` allies were making "discordant" noises because they know it can not deliver.
"What is wrong about it... It is only indicative of the mood of the country," he said.
"Who else is with Congress and UPA? Chidambaram asks about BJP, I want to ask him what about Congress. Mayawati (BSP) and Mulayam (SP), although supporting from outside, are making open discordant notes. DMK is already away from them. No allies are left for them," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa