Congress accuses Naidu of enacting `drama`
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday launched a scathing attack on TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu over Wednesday`s scuffle between MPs of both parties in Dehradun, accusing him of enacting a "drama" in the name relief work.
Party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary also dismissed the criticism of AICC secretary Hanumantha Rao, who was found engaged in an altercation with TDP MPs Ramesh Rathod and K Narayana at the Jolly Grant airport there over ferrying pilgrims back to Andhra Pradesh.
"What was the meaning of Naidu going there? He went there and then his men engaged in goondaism and snatched the tickets from those rescued. We had booked their tickets in advance. When our MP asked Naidu, why he was resorting to it, the two leaders of TDP picked up a fight.
"Such drama won`t work here. N T Ramarao was a very popular actor. Now even his son-in law (Naidu) has become an actor," Chowdhary, who is also a leader from Andhra Pradesh, said.
She also dismissed criticism that TDP members were not allowed to participate in the relief work.
"What a joke is this? Is this possible? After all with whom did they coordinate. It was Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna (of Congress)," she said.
Pointed out that the Congress MP Rao was also seen exchanging blows, Chowdhary told reporters that they have not seen the other side of the footage. "We are not supposed to be sitting helpless," she retorted.
Rao had on Wednesday claimed that TDP leaders were preventing flood victims from boarding a flight arranged by the Andhra Pradesh government to Hyderabad.
Chowhdary also dismissed contentions that Congress was playing politics by flagging of a large number of trucks carrying relief materials for Uttarakhand, when there was no possibility of their reaching the flood victims owing to damage of hill roads there.
She said the relief materials are parked in Dehradun and will reach the affected villages soon as priority now is to rescue people first from villages in the hills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi