Congress accuses NDA of creating negative environment
New Delhi: Congress leader Jagdambika Pal on Wednesday said that the resignation of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) vice president Aamir Raza Hussain clearly indicates an internal divide within the opposition party on the leadership of Narendra Modi.
Pal also accused the National Democratic Alliances (NDA) of initiating a "negative environment" in the country, which Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) will alleviate.
"It (Hussain resignation) is a sign that there is an internal rift and dissatisfaction within the BJP on the matter of Narendra Modi", said Pal.
Yesterday, Hussain had resigned from his BJP post after making an anti-Modi comment to a news channel and expressing that LK Advani and Atal Bihari Vajpayee were more suitable candidates to lead the BJP.
"Modi`s statements (on burqa and puppy) are despicable, divisive and can never draw support from Muslims. Modi is a BJP leader, not my leader", Hussain said.
Jagdambika Pal further criticised the NDA by saying that their continuous interruptions in parliamentary sessions have made domestic corporate houses extremely wary of investing within the country.
"The way the NDA has created a deadlock in parliament sessions (by) accusing corporate houses of corruption, among other things, has resulted in a negative environment in the country. Even domestic corporate houses want to go to foreign countries to invest", Pal said.
Pal added that the only way out of the current economic crisis is to invite Foreign Direct Investment, lauding the Congress-led government`s decision to increase FDI components in key sectors.
"FDI will help in getting us through this financial crisis", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary