Congress agrees to Mamata`s demand
Kolkata: TMC supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee spoke to Congress leadership in Delhi to press for removal of Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi and is
said to have been assured that it will be done.
Mamata`s call to the Congress leadership followed her letter earlier Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking replacement of Trivedi with another TMC nominee Mukul Roy
after he had proposed a hike in passenger fares in the Railway Budget.
It was not clear as to who in the Congress Mamata spoke but sources said it was not the Prime Minister.
Mamata is said to have been assured that Trivedi will be replaced by Roy, currently Minister of State for Shipping, after the presentation of the General Budget by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday.
In fact, Mukul Roy would be replying to the Railway Budgetary Demands for Grants before this month-end, highly placed TMC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery