Congress agrees to Mamata`s demand
Kolkata: TMC supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee spoke to Congress leadership in Delhi to press for removal of Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi and is
said to have been assured that it will be done.
Mamata`s call to the Congress leadership followed her letter earlier Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking replacement of Trivedi with another TMC nominee Mukul Roy
after he had proposed a hike in passenger fares in the Railway Budget.
It was not clear as to who in the Congress Mamata spoke but sources said it was not the Prime Minister.
Mamata is said to have been assured that Trivedi will be replaced by Roy, currently Minister of State for Shipping, after the presentation of the General Budget by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday.
In fact, Mukul Roy would be replying to the Railway Budgetary Demands for Grants before this month-end, highly placed TMC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!