Congress agrees to Mamata`s demand
Kolkata: TMC supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee spoke to Congress leadership in Delhi to press for removal of Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi and is
said to have been assured that it will be done.
Mamata`s call to the Congress leadership followed her letter earlier Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking replacement of Trivedi with another TMC nominee Mukul Roy
after he had proposed a hike in passenger fares in the Railway Budget.
It was not clear as to who in the Congress Mamata spoke but sources said it was not the Prime Minister.
Mamata is said to have been assured that Trivedi will be replaced by Roy, currently Minister of State for Shipping, after the presentation of the General Budget by Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Friday.
In fact, Mukul Roy would be replying to the Railway Budgetary Demands for Grants before this month-end, highly placed TMC sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Pakistan's Hafiz Saeed managed the ISIS attack in Kabul that killed 80 people?
- The list of top 10 most valuable football clubs is out – See here!
- Watch Video: BlackBerry DTEK50, the world's most secured Android smartphone
- Unbelievable: Thousands throng daily at Taiwan McDonald's store to see a girl – Know why
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day