Congress alone can tackle big challenges before country: PM
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of raging political storm over Telangana, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said the country was facing "big challenges" like
regionalism, naxalism and communalism, and the Congress alone has the capacity to tackle them.
"Our party`s politics is aimed at uniting the society and the country and not dividing it. Our party is ready to accommodate every shade of opinion within the four walls of
"We believe in resolving grievances and difficulties of people having different views through dialogue," he said at a function to commemorate 125th Foundation Day of the Congress at which party chief Sonia Gandhi laid the foundation stone of `Indira Gandhi Bhawan`, the new party headquarters building at Kotla Road in Central Delhi.
The Prime Minister said that in spite of the progress achieved since Independence, the country was facing new type of challenges and listed terrorism as one of the big
In her address, Gandhi hailed the Prime Minister for leading the country with "great wisdom and sagacity", bringing respect both at home and abroad.
She said the hard work and dedication of the party workers without wavering from basic ideals has brought the Congress back to power at the Centre for the second time shaking off the days when its very existence was questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation