Congress alone can tackle big challenges before country: PM
New Delhi: Against the backdrop of raging political storm over Telangana, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today said the country was facing "big challenges" like
regionalism, naxalism and communalism, and the Congress alone has the capacity to tackle them.
"Our party`s politics is aimed at uniting the society and the country and not dividing it. Our party is ready to accommodate every shade of opinion within the four walls of
"We believe in resolving grievances and difficulties of people having different views through dialogue," he said at a function to commemorate 125th Foundation Day of the Congress at which party chief Sonia Gandhi laid the foundation stone of `Indira Gandhi Bhawan`, the new party headquarters building at Kotla Road in Central Delhi.
The Prime Minister said that in spite of the progress achieved since Independence, the country was facing new type of challenges and listed terrorism as one of the big
In her address, Gandhi hailed the Prime Minister for leading the country with "great wisdom and sagacity", bringing respect both at home and abroad.
She said the hard work and dedication of the party workers without wavering from basic ideals has brought the Congress back to power at the Centre for the second time shaking off the days when its very existence was questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands