Congress’ Alvi calls Mulayam BJP’s agent
Moradabad: In what could lead to a major controversy, a senior Congress leader said on Wednesday that Mulayam Singh Yadav was an agent of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
“I have been saying this for the past 10 years – Mulayam Singh Yadav is the biggest agent of the BJP. He dances to the tunes of the saffron party," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi said here.
There has been no reaction from the Samajwadi Party so far. But one thing is sure that the SP supremo will not take the controversial comment by the Congress leader lying down. Rashid Alvi may also face the music for what he has said and the Congress party may come down heavily on its leader for attacking Mulayam in such a brazen manner.
Remember, Mulayam Singh Yadav is supporting the Congress on the issue of Presidential election and has pledged his support for Pranab Mukherjee as UPA’s candidate after ditching West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the issue. The SP is also giving outside support to the UPA at the Centre.
The surprising statement was made by the Congress leader while campaigning for local body elections in Uttar Pradesh.
Talking to Zee News, Rashid Alvi clarified that even though he appreciated the fact that Mulayam was supporting Pranab for Presidency, the platform where he attacked the SP chief was an election plank in UP, where the Congress and the SP were rivals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed