Congress and corruption made for each other: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
New Delhi: Commenting on the decision taken by the Congress on Friday, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Congress and corruption are made for each other, and that they cannot change this fact by introducing a new face.
"Congress and corruption is made for each other, and the Gandhi family is responsible for everything. It is not going to make a difference even if they introduce a new face," said Naqvi.
"The Congress including party President Sonia Gandhi, and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who is remote controlled by the former, will break down once they lose the elections, and so will corruption as they are interrelated," he said.
"The nation only wants to know that who is responsible for all the corruption that took place when the Congress was in power," he added.
Naqvi`s reaction came after Sonia Gandhi at the All India Congress Committee (AICC) meet said that party`s decision on Vice President Rahul Gandhi being the poll panel head was final.
The meeting has been organized to strategize the party`s move ahead of the 2014 Lok Sabha election, and will also be deciding the role of Rahul Gandhi.
Senior Congress leader Janardhan Dwivedi on Thursday had said that there was a discussion on Rahul Gandhi as many felt he should be named the party`s prime ministerial candidate, however president Sonia Gandhi intervened in between, saying that `it is not the tradition of the Congress that just because some party has declared their candidate, doesn`t mean we should too`.
However there was consensus at the AICC meeting that the Congress campaign for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections will be led by Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"This meeting of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) declares that 2014 General Elections campaign will be led by Rahul Gandhi," Dwivedi told media after the Congress Party meeting.
Dwivedi also quoted Rahul as saying, "I am loyal party worker. I will carry out whatever responsibility is given to me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says