Congress appeals to opposition not to repeat disruption of Parliament
New Delhi: Ahead of the all party-meeting called by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar tomorrow, Congress on Friday appealed to Opposition parties "not to repeat" the trend of disruption witnessed in last sesssion of Parliament and allow the passage of key bills including food security.
Party spokesperson Bhakta Charan Das said that last session served as an example of minimum work and maximum disruptions and bills could not be passed to make laws in favour of the poor, Dalits and tribals.
Government has listed five Ordinances, which are to be passed as bills, including the one on food security for the Monsoon session beginning August 5.
The session, which concludes on August 30, will have 16 sittings. As many as 44 Bills are planned to be taken up for consideration while six are to be withdrawn and 14 are to be introduced.
"We hope and trust that this Parliament session would not be wasted like the last session. Whatever politics happens outside, at least donot denigrate the faith that people have put in us when you are in Parliament," Das said.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath had yesterday held an all-party meeting in which there was broad agreement between the Opposition parties and Congress over the passage of food security bill and land acquisition bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?