Congress asks Mamata to clear stand on BJP
Kolkata: With West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announcing that her party would not support Narendra Modi, Congress leadership on Sunday asked Trinamool Congress to come out clean on its stand on BJP.
"Trinamool Congress should stop playing to the gallery. Mamata Banerjee is saying her party doesn`t support Narendra Modi. But what is her stand on BJP," Congress leader Manas Bhuniya said at a rally here to commemorate the death of Congress workers in 1993 police firing.
The comment from Congress comes days after Banerjee said, "We do not support Narendra Modi, nor we will support him (in future)."
Congress also demanded a CBI investigation into the death of the 13 Congress activists on July 21, 1993 in a police firing in Kolkata.
"We want a CBI probe into the police firing that led to the killing of 13 Congress activists. The then state home secretary, Manish Gupta, is currently a minister in the cabinet of Mamata Banerjee. Only a CBI inquiry can bring out the truth," state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharjee said.
Bhattacharjee also alleged that the inquiry commission on the 1993 police firing set up by Trinamool Congress regime has been done to save Gupta.
Bhattacharjee also asked people to unite against the misrule of Trinamool regime.
"Time has come for the people to unite against Trinamool`s misrule. The two girls of Kamduni had shown the way. Trinamool can never make a turnaround as Congress is no longer with them," Bhattacharjee said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks