Congress asks Nitish Kumar to clarify stand on Narendra Modi
Patna: With decks apparently clear for Narendra Modi`s projection as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Bihar Congress on Sunday asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his stand on the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Nitish must clarify his stand after Modi`s promotion as the BJP poll campaign committee chairman," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
He claimed that Kumar had tacit support to Modi`s elevation during telephonic talks with the BJP President Rajnath Singh yesterday and asked the latter to explain whether there would be continued ban on the Gujarat Chief Minister for electioneering in Bihar or the two NDA leaders would share platform in future.
Describing Modi`s appointment as BJP election campaign committee chairman as the internal matter of the saffron party, he said the former`s prime ministerial ambitions would be dashed in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report