Congress asks Nitish Kumar to clarify stand on Narendra Modi
Patna: With decks apparently clear for Narendra Modi`s projection as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Bihar Congress on Sunday asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his stand on the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Nitish must clarify his stand after Modi`s promotion as the BJP poll campaign committee chairman," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
He claimed that Kumar had tacit support to Modi`s elevation during telephonic talks with the BJP President Rajnath Singh yesterday and asked the latter to explain whether there would be continued ban on the Gujarat Chief Minister for electioneering in Bihar or the two NDA leaders would share platform in future.
Describing Modi`s appointment as BJP election campaign committee chairman as the internal matter of the saffron party, he said the former`s prime ministerial ambitions would be dashed in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG