Congress asks Nitish Kumar to clarify stand on Narendra Modi
Patna: With decks apparently clear for Narendra Modi`s projection as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Bihar Congress on Sunday asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his stand on the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Nitish must clarify his stand after Modi`s promotion as the BJP poll campaign committee chairman," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
He claimed that Kumar had tacit support to Modi`s elevation during telephonic talks with the BJP President Rajnath Singh yesterday and asked the latter to explain whether there would be continued ban on the Gujarat Chief Minister for electioneering in Bihar or the two NDA leaders would share platform in future.
Describing Modi`s appointment as BJP election campaign committee chairman as the internal matter of the saffron party, he said the former`s prime ministerial ambitions would be dashed in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley