Congress asks Nitish Kumar to clarify stand on Narendra Modi
Patna: With decks apparently clear for Narendra Modi`s projection as the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Bihar Congress on Sunday asked Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to clarify his stand on the Gujarat Chief Minister.
"Nitish must clarify his stand after Modi`s promotion as the BJP poll campaign committee chairman," Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee President Ashok Chaudhary said in a statement.
He claimed that Kumar had tacit support to Modi`s elevation during telephonic talks with the BJP President Rajnath Singh yesterday and asked the latter to explain whether there would be continued ban on the Gujarat Chief Minister for electioneering in Bihar or the two NDA leaders would share platform in future.
Describing Modi`s appointment as BJP election campaign committee chairman as the internal matter of the saffron party, he said the former`s prime ministerial ambitions would be dashed in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what