Congress` attack on Ramdev unfortunate: Naqvi
Lucknow: Extending support to Yoga guru Baba
Ramedev who has decided to go on a hunger strike on the issue of black money from June four, BJP Thursday said it was unfortunate that he was being attacked by Congress members.
"It is unfortunate that while Baba Ramdev is welcomed
with garlands by mantris (ministers) at the airport, he is
being attacked by santris (guards) of the government," BJP
national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters
"Without thinking of political gain or loss, the party
supports any person who launches a campaign against
corruption," he said.
On the eve of the party`s national working committee
which starts tomorrow, the BJP leader said the issue of
inflation, corruption and black money would be discussed
during the two-day meet.
When asked about the party`s stand on bringing the Prime
Minister in the ambit of the Lokpal, Naqvi said the party had
been supporting the issue for a long time.
"Senior leader Atal Bihari Vajpayee himself advocated
bringing Prime Minister under the Lokpal, when he himself was
heading the government... Our view on this issue is very
clear," Naqvi said.
He said effective action should be taken on the issue by
taking political parties into confidence. "Instead of damaging
the campaign, a positive attitude should be adopted," he said.
Terming the UPA government as "history-sheeter" on the
issue of corruption, Naqvi alleged that the Centre`s intention
on fighting corruption was not clear.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India