Congress attacks NDA`s foreign policy
New Delhi: Congress on Monday took pot-shots at NDA government`s foreign policy, a day after BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi attacked the Centre for "mishandling" the recent border troubles with Pakistan and China.
"NDA`s Foreign Policy-99 Lahore Bus-Kargil intrusion& kandhahar hijack 01 Agra summit Parliament assault 02Operation Parakram-Kaluchak outrage.And they are proud of this legacy!," Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari tweeted.
In his first public rally after being anointed the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Modi had yesterday attacked the the Centre, saying, "The problems are not at the borders, but it lies in Delhi (Centre)"
Addressing a huge gathering of ex-servicemen at Ahirwal region of Haryana, Modi had also praised the Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led Government`s achievements in resolving pressing foreign policy issues.
"It feels good to recall the government of Atalji and Advaniji," he had said while underlining the need for capable leadership to resolve pressing issues.
Modi had said it was Vajpayee who had brought to the world`s centrestage the Kashmir issue and terrorism sponsored by Pakistan.
India`s neighbouring countries were posing problems to it because of a "weak" government at the Centre, the BJP strongman had said.
"The problem is in Delhi. And hence the solution to this problem has to be found in Delhi itself. The problem will be solved only when a competent, patriotic and people-oriented government is formed at the Centre," he had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?