Congress begins preparations for Bihar polls
Mumbai: Union Social Justice Minister and
AICC General Secretary in charge of Bihar Mukul Wasnik has
convened a meeting tomorrow to discuss the party`s election
preparations for the Bihar assembly elections scheduled later
Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) General
Secretary and MLC Sanjay Dutt who has been appointed as the
Chief Co-ordinator of the AICC co-ordination centre for the
elections said that meeting will be held in Delhi. He also
said that party`s election plank would be stability and
development of the state.
Dutt said the party will be deputing observer district
wise and assembly constituency wise who will be campaigning
in their assigned areas to co-ordinate implementation of the
party agenda and also assimilate grass root feedback based on
which campaign strategy will be decided upon by the party high
Congress also plans to organise public meetings and
rallies of party president Sonia Gandhi, General Secretary
Rahul Gandhi and Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and other
senior party leaders in different parts of the state.
He said the morale of the cadre is very high over the
decision that the Congress will go alone in the elections.
"Wasnik toured Bihar for four days last week and got a
positive feedback," Dutt said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence