Congress biggest communal party: Rajnath
Raipur: BJP president Rajnath Singh today branded Congress as "the biggest communal party" in the country and accused it of raking up issues of Hindus, Muslims and Christians for the sake of votes.
"The biggest communal party in the country is Congress. The party has ruled for more than 50 years, it was its responsibility to enhance the mutual understanding and brotherhood among the people of different religions and communities.
"But from time to time it rakes up the (communal) issues of Hindus, Muslims and Christians and tries to gain a vote bank," the BJP leader said.
He was addressing a gathering at the inauguration of newly-constructed state BJP headquarters `Kushabhau Thakre Ekatm Parisar` near Saddani Darbar on Dhamtari road.
"Congress has done nothing to improve the condition of the poor, to reduce unemployment and curb the price rise," he said. Prices were stable during the NDA rule, he claimed.
Referring to the recent beheading of Indian solider at LoC, Singh said, "If the government had courage, Pakistani troops would not have dared to cross LoC."
Rajnath also criticised the Centre for accepting Italian government`s demand that the marines charged with murder of two Indian fishermen would not get death sentence. "How a party can protect the dignity of the country if it bows down before external powers?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III