Congress, BJP being run by mafia: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Leaders and politicians sitting in Parliament and state Assemblies, with a few exceptions, were no less than terrorists while the biggest national parties were being "run by the mafia", Aam Aadmi Party founder Arvind Kejriwal charged on Sunday.
"They (politicians) have looted iron ore; there is the 2G scam, the coal scam, whose files are now missing, there is the Adarsh scam, the files related to which have been burnt.
"These people (politicians) have connived with power companies and increased tariffs. Now, the common man is burdened by inflation. Are our politicians any less than terrorists... Both Congress and BJP are controlled by mafia," Kejriwal said.
Accusing Congress and BJP of being hand in glove in Delhi, Kejriwal said that before AAP was formed, the two parties were having a good time, "just like husband and wife".
"BJP has been fielding weak candidates against (Delhi CM Sheila Dixit) for the last 15 years, but when I announced my candidature, the party said it would be fielding actress Kirron Kher or Kiran Bedi against me... What does it suggest," he questioned.
Kejriwal, however, rubbished reports of former IPS officer Bedi contesting against him, saying she has clarified that she doesn`t want to join politics.
Kejriwal is contesting against Dikshit for the New Delhi Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery