Congress, BJP being run by mafia: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Leaders and politicians sitting in Parliament and state Assemblies, with a few exceptions, were no less than terrorists while the biggest national parties were being "run by the mafia", Aam Aadmi Party founder Arvind Kejriwal charged on Sunday.
"They (politicians) have looted iron ore; there is the 2G scam, the coal scam, whose files are now missing, there is the Adarsh scam, the files related to which have been burnt.
"These people (politicians) have connived with power companies and increased tariffs. Now, the common man is burdened by inflation. Are our politicians any less than terrorists... Both Congress and BJP are controlled by mafia," Kejriwal said.
Accusing Congress and BJP of being hand in glove in Delhi, Kejriwal said that before AAP was formed, the two parties were having a good time, "just like husband and wife".
"BJP has been fielding weak candidates against (Delhi CM Sheila Dixit) for the last 15 years, but when I announced my candidature, the party said it would be fielding actress Kirron Kher or Kiran Bedi against me... What does it suggest," he questioned.
Kejriwal, however, rubbished reports of former IPS officer Bedi contesting against him, saying she has clarified that she doesn`t want to join politics.
Kejriwal is contesting against Dikshit for the New Delhi Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP