Congress, BJP being run by mafia: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Leaders and politicians sitting in Parliament and state Assemblies, with a few exceptions, were no less than terrorists while the biggest national parties were being "run by the mafia", Aam Aadmi Party founder Arvind Kejriwal charged on Sunday.
"They (politicians) have looted iron ore; there is the 2G scam, the coal scam, whose files are now missing, there is the Adarsh scam, the files related to which have been burnt.
"These people (politicians) have connived with power companies and increased tariffs. Now, the common man is burdened by inflation. Are our politicians any less than terrorists... Both Congress and BJP are controlled by mafia," Kejriwal said.
Accusing Congress and BJP of being hand in glove in Delhi, Kejriwal said that before AAP was formed, the two parties were having a good time, "just like husband and wife".
"BJP has been fielding weak candidates against (Delhi CM Sheila Dixit) for the last 15 years, but when I announced my candidature, the party said it would be fielding actress Kirron Kher or Kiran Bedi against me... What does it suggest," he questioned.
Kejriwal, however, rubbished reports of former IPS officer Bedi contesting against him, saying she has clarified that she doesn`t want to join politics.
Kejriwal is contesting against Dikshit for the New Delhi Assembly seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing