Congress, BJP in war of words over Shinde`s ‘saffron terror’ remarks
Chandigarh: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday took potshots at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for deciding to boycott all public programmes of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde over his saffron terror remarks, saying the main opposition party and its ideological parent, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), would be better served if they introspect and take steps to see such individuals and such tendencies are really exercised from their own ethos.
"I think it is far more important that the BJP and the RSS need to introspect and reflect as to why people who are allegedly involved in criminal activities or even activities which attract the attention of the laws and terror have either organisational or ideological links with the BJP or the RSS or its front organisations," Tewari told the media in Chandigarh.
"So, rather than threatening to ``gherao`` the Home Minister, rather than threatening to boycott the Home Minister; they would be better served if they introspect and they take steps to see such individuals and such tendencies are really exercised from their own ethos," he added.
Meanwhile, BJP leader Balbir Punj upped the ante against the Home Minister, and said that Shinde has acted like a Pakistani agent.
"Shinde has committed a grave crime. He has not acted like the country`s Home Minister, but like a Pakistan agent," he said.
The BJP has decided to boycott all public programmes of the Union Home Minister and not respond to any communication from him to the party top brass in his capacity as Leader of the House in Lok Sabha to protest against his Hindu terror remarks till he tenders an apology.
This decision was taken in the first Core Group meeting of the BJP after Rajnath Singh took over as the party chief on January 23.
Shinde had alleged in the Congress Chintan Shivir in Jaipur earlier this month that BJP and RSS were involved in training their cadre in terror activities and those allegedly involved in Hindu terror acts were affiliated to them.
The BJP is also planning to hold black flag protests everywhere the Union Home Minister goes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof