Congress, BJP, SP corrupt: Kejriwal
Bulandshahr: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal has said political parties are "dipped in corruption" and hence not allowing the Lokpal Bill to get passed.
"Political parties like Congress, BJP, SP and BSP are dipped in corruption and are trying hard not to get Lokpal Bill passed," he said at a public meeting here Thursday night to drum up support for the proposed indefinite fast from July 25 against the UPA government at Jantar Mantar.
Kejriwal said that the Lokpal Bill would be useful to counter corruption in the country.
"Corrupt officials have deposited a sum of Rs 1,76,000 crore in their foreign accounts from public money," Kejriwal claimed.
He said their team had covered 450 villages till now.
Manish Shishodia and Kumar Vishwas also appealed to the people to come for the gathering at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali