Congress, BJP, SP corrupt: Kejriwal
Bulandshahr: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal has said political parties are "dipped in corruption" and hence not allowing the Lokpal Bill to get passed.
"Political parties like Congress, BJP, SP and BSP are dipped in corruption and are trying hard not to get Lokpal Bill passed," he said at a public meeting here Thursday night to drum up support for the proposed indefinite fast from July 25 against the UPA government at Jantar Mantar.
Kejriwal said that the Lokpal Bill would be useful to counter corruption in the country.
"Corrupt officials have deposited a sum of Rs 1,76,000 crore in their foreign accounts from public money," Kejriwal claimed.
He said their team had covered 450 villages till now.
Manish Shishodia and Kumar Vishwas also appealed to the people to come for the gathering at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred