Congress, BJP, SP corrupt: Kejriwal
Bulandshahr: Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal has said political parties are "dipped in corruption" and hence not allowing the Lokpal Bill to get passed.
"Political parties like Congress, BJP, SP and BSP are dipped in corruption and are trying hard not to get Lokpal Bill passed," he said at a public meeting here Thursday night to drum up support for the proposed indefinite fast from July 25 against the UPA government at Jantar Mantar.
Kejriwal said that the Lokpal Bill would be useful to counter corruption in the country.
"Corrupt officials have deposited a sum of Rs 1,76,000 crore in their foreign accounts from public money," Kejriwal claimed.
He said their team had covered 450 villages till now.
Manish Shishodia and Kumar Vishwas also appealed to the people to come for the gathering at Jantar Mantar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September